The goal of the McDermott Road Men’s Ministry is to help our men visibly demonstrate the comprehensive rule of God underneath the Lordship of Jesus Christ in every area of their life. We desire to help men become responsible for that which falls within the realm of influence God has given them. This includes their family, ministry, career, resources, community, and other areas of influence.
Being a successful man is not about being a great athlete, great businessman, successful community leader, or a wealthy individual. Being successful as a Christian man involves being the man who aligns himself under the headship and authority of Jesus Christ so he can fully access his power and authority to positively influence and impact everything and everyone within his reach. These goals are accomplished through several areas:
- Brothers Keeper groups. These are small groups intentionally designed to combine our older and younger men in a mentoring and support relationships. Bonds are strengthened and sharing takes place in order to help each man become the Kingdom man God desires. These groups meet monthly.
- Service projects. Men share responsibilities in helping our elderly, those in need, and community services.
- Men’s Retreat. Each fall a Men’s Retreat is sponsored with a guest speaker addressing topics specifically for Christian men. This is a Friday night stayover with sessions also on Saturday.
- Wednesday Breakfast. Each Wednesday our men meet for breakfast at 7:45 AM Rosa’s Café, 12275 Custer Road, Frisco.
- Monthly Burger Lunch. The first Tuesday of each month our men meet for lunch at Braum’s, located at 1222 W. McDermott Road in Allen.