August 9, 2020 Update:
Good morning, church!
We are thankful to all those who continue to make our online worship service possible. It is a wonderful encouragement and blessing to know that as we worship on Sunday morning in our respective locations, we are worshipping together – with our McDermott brothers and sisters and Christians throughout the world.
This morning we have some encouraging news. As we continue to monitor the COVID related data, we are cautiously optimistic about the possibility of holding an outdoor Sunday morning worship service on August 16th (click here for Parking Lot Service details).
As you may be aware, it appears that the rate of new COVID cases and hospitalizations in our area has been flattening in the latter part of July and may begin trending downward in August if folks continue to follow the recommended precautions of wearing masks, social distancing, hand washing, and limiting the number of interactions.
If cases continue to flatten or decrease, we will soon inform you of which date works best as we progress to Phase 1 of our re-opening plan. As part of that planning process, we will continue to monitor the state and local guidance regarding outdoor gatherings, so we can do our collective part to be good neighbors and help control the spread of the virus.
As we contemplate the possibility of an outdoor service we must remember that our actions impact not only our own personal health, but also the health of those around us. We will provide information as to the steps necessary to make the outdoor service as safe as we can for those who attend.
As before, we strongly recommend that those individuals who are in high risk categories continue worshipping online even after we have progressed to the Phase 1 outdoor service. The online service will continue to be provided.
Let us be sure to recognize that the coronavirus will likely be in our midst through the remainder of this year and will continue to impact our activities and our lives into 2021. Please consistently be in prayer for those who are suffering from that impact – whether it be related to employment, health issues, emotional challenges, or spiritual concerns.
Let us now thank God for His wisdom, guidance, and provision as we trust in Him.
Until we reunite in person, here are some things of which you might want to be aware:
- You can call the church office weekdays between 9:00 a.m and 4 p.m. to let us know about yourself or anyone you know who needs prayer or assistance.
- You can join us for worship on Sunday mornings at 10:30 a.m. at ccmcdermott.org/live (or on our YouTube channel).
- You can join us for Bible studies on Sunday mornings at 9:30, Sunday evenings at 5:30, and Wednesday evenings at 7:00. They can all be found at ccmcdermott.org/live (or on our YouTube channel).
- You can come by the church office weekdays between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to pick up prepackaged communion supplies.
- You can make contributions online at ccmcdermott.org/giving or mail checks to the church office.
- You can find information about youth and children’s Bible Classes at www.theroadfm.org/online-
You are all in our prayers during this challenging time. We all know this current situation is only temporary and we long to see you and embrace you when the time comes. Please let us know if we can minister to you in any way.