Updates on COVID-19 response, building campaign, and other important congregational news
April 4, 2021 Update:
Greetings McDermott Road church family!
Based on the increased availability of vaccines, decreasing Covid-19 numbers in North Texas, and some now with immunity from infection, we are entering a transition phase as we continue the re-opening process at McDermott Road.
In this transition, we anticipate offering additional in-person services that may be more suitable for some of you than others, depending on your family’s circumstances. In some cases, certain offerings will not be fully consistent with the current, broader recommendations made by medical experts. For that reason, it is very important that each family be aware of the current recommended medical guidelines and how they apply to your own family situation – participating in those activities that best fit your own circumstances.
This morning we are announcing a new worship service offering starting on Sunday, May 2. Our second worship service at 10:30am will provide the option to remove your mask during the service. We request you wear a mask before and after the service, but during the service itself you may remove it if you desire. In addition, the 10:30am service starting May 2 will likely have reduced social distancing in order to accommodate the expected attendance.
Our first worship service at 8:00am will continue as-is, with no changes. Masks are required at all times during the 8:00am service. And, we will continue to offer online streaming of worship services and Bible classes.
Again, we encourage you to evaluate all the options available here at the church of Christ on McDermott Road, and make decisions that are best for you and your family.
Please continue to be in prayer for our community and our church family as we move forward.
We love and appreciate you all!
Your McDermott Road Shepherds
Until we completely reunite in person, here are some things of which you might want to be aware:
- You can call the church office weekdays between 9:00 a.m and 4 p.m. to let us know about yourself or anyone you know who needs prayer or assistance.
- Join us for our indoor worship each Sunday at 8:00 AM or 10:30 AM. Please RSVP at ccmcdermott.org/indoor. These services are live streamed on Facebook, YouTube, and at ccmcdermott.org/live.
- Join us for our outdoor worship service each Sunday afternoon at 4:00 p.m.
- You can join us online for adult Bible studies on Sunday mornings at 9:30, Sunday evenings at 5:30.
- On Wednesday evening at 7 PM we have classes for all children at adults at the church building. The adult class is also broadcast online.
- You can come by the church office weekdays between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to pick up prepackaged communion supplies.
- You can make contributions online at ccmcdermott.org/giving or mail checks to the church office.
- You can find information about youth and children’s Bible Classes at www.theroadfm.org/online-bible-classes.