Updates on COVID-19 response, building campaign, and other important congregational news
December 15, 2020 Update:
Thank you for your continued commitment to Brighter Together especially during a year filled with such uncertainty. We want to continue to restate that Brighter Together is an ideal much larger than any specific building program and we are Brighter Together even during this time of difficulty.
That said, we have made planned changes to our campus which include three objectives or “pillars” to provide: 1) a new space for our youth to replace the modular building which is well past its useful life; 2) make better accommodations for our ministry staff particularly our counseling center and; 3) provide a worship space which would accommodate a much larger number of worshippers with about 1400 seats.
We continue to be blessed with faithful giving to our Brighter Together campaign with over $2.7M in cash contributions provided against our total commitment of about $4.7M, so we are not at all concerned about your commitment to Brighter Together – we are over halfway to our initial fundraising goal with less than $2M left to reach our objective! You may remember that our original goal was to have the modular removed from the property and ground-breaking ceremonies completed by this time. Clearly, the pandemic has affected our timeline and may impact the total cost of our building program.
We do believe the uncertainties of 2020 required us to be thoughtful about our timeline and priorities and we have decided it would be best to build in two phases. We are now planning to move forward building the youth center with counseling space, starting early next spring. The Phase I youth center should be completed next fall. Once the youth center is complete, we will take down the beloved modular. At that point, we will also assess the timing for Phase 2, the auditorium. We do not currently have a specific timeline for construction of the auditorium.
We continue to be very excited and optimistic about all the things God has planned for our church community in this place and we are committed to praying for his guidance, seeking your input and communicating details of Brighter Together Phase I youth center and counseling center right after the first of the year on January 10th. Until then, please consider opportunities you may have for year-end giving to Brighter Together.
Thank you for your continued generosity in all things including the amazing recent outpouring of financial support for gifts for children in South Texas with almost $13,000 providing against our goal of $5,000. Hundreds of children will have a Merry Christmas this year because of your generosity. As Wes reminds you every Sunday, we love you and we miss seeing you all each week. As we look forward to a new year, we pray for God’s continued protection and the opportunity as early in the year as possible to resume gathering together for worship, study and fellowship as we were accustomed.
On behalf of all your shepherds and your ministry team, Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year!
Until we completely reunite in person, here are some things of which you might want to be aware:
- You can call the church office weekdays between 9:00 a.m and 4 p.m. to let us know about yourself or anyone you know who needs prayer or assistance.
- Join us for our outdoor worship service each Sunday afternoon at 4:00 p.m.
- Both the 8:00 a.m. and 10:30 services are live streamed on Facebook, YouTube, and ccmcdermott.org/live.
- You can join us for Bible studies on Sunday mornings at 9:30, Sunday evenings at 5:30, and Wednesday evenings at 7:00. They can all be found on Facebook, YouTube, and ccmcdermott.org/live.
- You can come by the church office weekdays between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to pick up prepackaged communion supplies.
- You can make contributions online at ccmcdermott.org/giving or mail checks to the church office.
- You can find information about youth and children’s Bible Classes at www.theroadfm.org/online-